Here is 17 ways we celebrated in 2017
1.We created a time-line wall in the breeding shed tracing the area’s history and the Lilley family’s roots through the last 250 years. It is a work in progress.
2.We had a speaking engagement at the ‘Dixon Feeds Information Night’ about breeding and foaling. It took place on March 28, 2017 at the St Mary’s Parish Hall in West Lorne, Ontario. The event was free of charge. RSVP to 519-768-1570
3. Mac Lilley was inducted into the Western Fair District’s Wall Of Fame. A special evening at the races commemorated this event on May 12, 2017. Parking and admission to The Raceway at Western Fair District were free.
Find out all the details about the night by clicking here.
4.We hosted a Mother’s Day Open House from 1pm. to 4pm. on May 14, 2017. The wanna drive folks www.handsonhorsesprogram.com offered horse rides on their double seated joggers around the race track. The Glencoe 4-H horse club served cake and beverages to the visitors. Admission was free.
5.Andrew Campbell. The Fresh Air Farmer, visited Mac Lilley Farms and taped a segment ‘A day on a Standardbred farm’ in May of 2017. Video is below.
6. We commemorated the 250th anniversary of the first horse race #cdnhorseracing250 at Wallacetown Fair Grounds on June 16th and 17th (Father’s Day weekend) for ‘The Dunwich Scotch’ production. www.thedunwichscotch.com
7. We worked on a series of commercials promoting Standardbred horses and Mac Lilley Farms They aired throughout 2017.
8. Alex and Laci and their family are chosen to be featured on the cover of ‘The New Parent Resource Guide.
9. We hosted a commemorative mile on the farm race track on May 14, 2017. The feature horse was Il Sogno Dream (North America’s fastest trotter of 2015 with a mark of 1:50.2M).
Find out more about this commemorative mile by clicking here.
10. Up The Credit is standing stud duty at Mac Lilley Farms. When Murray McConnell from Casimir Farms passed away in May 2017, his family decided to slowly decrease their interests in the Standardbred business. Carl Jamieson approached Jeff Lilley and asked if Mac Lilley Farms would be interested in taking over management of Up The Credit’s stud duties. Thank you Carl, we look forward to working with this gorgeous stud.
11. Mac Lilley Farms has broken the borders between breeds. We now collect stallions from different breeds. It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with SC Sport Horses and Stephanie Cook.
12. Il Sogno Dream hit the news again as he surpasses $1 Million in career earnings.
13. Mac Lilley Farms became Tuesday night sponsors at The Raceway at Western Fair District from October 10, 2017 until May 2018.
14. Mac Lilley Farms has garnered another world champion trotter to stand stud duty in 2018. His name is Daylon Magician. Daylon Magician made just shy of $2Million and has a mark of 1.51.1s. He started 81 times and had 32 wins, 10 second place finishes, and 14 third place finishes. We are thrilled to stand Daylon Magician.
15. Ruleen Lilley was selected as a recipient of a Canada150 Award for Elgin,-Middlesex- London.
16. We are developing a new automatic feeder. More news when production gets underway.
17. We hosted ‘Breakfast On The Farm’ on November 18, 2017. Invites were drawn at The Harness The Hope evening on October 27, 2017 in support of Breast Cancer, and on November 14, 2017 at the Seniors Day at the Raceway at Western Fair District.
What an awesome year!
Canada turned 150 Years Old and We Celebrated 250 years of horse racing in Canada.